The original Fairview Train Station is our picture of choice for the Fairview Historical Society. It was built around 1919 and located near, what was known as the Fairview Underpass. The Train Station was built where Three Mile House once stood on the Bedford Highway. The Three Mile House was built in 1822, three miles from Halifax. It was a livery, tavern, and resting place for travelers.
The house was demolished in 1918 to make way for the Fairview Train Station.
The Fairview Train Station was demolished in 1957, when the Fairview Underpass was reconstructed. Today the site where the Train Station once stood is now part of the road which leads north from the Fairview Overpass onto the Bedford Highway.