The Halifax Municipal Airport – Also called the Chebucto Road Airport
| |

The Halifax Municipal Airport – Also called the Chebucto Road Airport

Submitted by Devonna Edwards In the newspaper dated September 1928, it announced that the Bluehill Farm property was chosen for the site of the new Halifax Municipal Airport. The west-end site consisted of 60 acres, occupied by a number of farms, bounded by Chebucto Road, Mumford Road and Connaught Avenue and Bayers Road. Work on…

Flooding of the Fairview Underpass – Today known as the Fairview Overpass
| |

Flooding of the Fairview Underpass – Today known as the Fairview Overpass

Submitted by Devonna Edwards The Fairview Underpass and surrounding area endured many years of flooding. The Underpass formerly referred to as the Fairview Bottleneck was one of two entrance to and exit from the City of Halifax. A culvert diverted brook water along the railroad tracks, under Kempt Road, and under the Department of Highways…

Old Train Station
|

Old Train Station

The original Fairview Train Station is our picture of choice for the Fairview Historical Society. It was built around 1919 and located near, what was known as the Fairview Underpass. The Train Station was built where Three Mile House once stood on the Bedford Highway. The Three Mile House was built in 1822, three miles…